martes, 9 de marzo de 2021

P3: BLOG 3 1BACH. Dec.7th.11th.(1), 2020. Idioms Part 2.

 P3: BLOG 3 1BACH. Dec.7th.11th.(1), 2020. Idioms Part 2.

Imagen relacionada
Idioms Part 2. Idioms part 2 A2.2 GOOD MORNING BOYS AND GIRLS! WHAT A PLEASURE TO FIND INTERESTING INFORMATION TO WORK WITH YOU. LANGUAGE SKILL: Reading, speaking, grammar structure, writing and CLIL. TOPIC: Idioms part 2: AIMS: To improve their speaking skill. To check and find specific information.  To learn more vocabulary and expressions dealing with dialogs and conversations. To study English in a funny and interesting way.  SKILLS WITH DEVELOPING CRITERIA: Check the wordsearch and find the idioms you have written on the list. Write their meaning and do the exercise applying them in a correct way. 
Exercise 1:  IDIOMS: Add their meaning in your own language.
• That is=                                                              • To hit the books=
• That’s awesome=                                            . To be a page turner=
• To be in the same boat=                                 • To take a rain check=

Exercise 2: Listen and match the idioms with their meaning.
a. To be in the same boat                         1.    to    be    a    very    exciting    novel    or    non-fiction    work 

b. To hit the books                                      2. to postpone  an invitation or plan 
c. To be a real page turner                        3. to study hard 
d. To take a rain check                               4. to be in the  same situation

Exercise 3:  Read and complete the conversations with the correct idiom.
CONVERSATION 1
A:  What are you doing this afternoon? How about going out to a movie? 
B:  Sorry, I have   ______________________(a).  I have an exam tomorrow. A:  I promise we’ll get home early. Have you ever seen  
A Brilliant Mind? It has great reviews. B:  Sounds like a good movie but I’d rather _________________  (b).

CONVERSATION 2 A:  Have you read The Chronicles of Narnia? 
B:  No, I haven’t. What’s it like?  
A:  It’s   ___________________________(c).  It’s a fascinating story! 
B:  Well, I’ve seen the movie but I haven’t read the book.  
C:  Me too!  We’re  ____________________________ (d). 
A:  OK! Some other time! No problem!

Exercise 3: Complete.
a.- I have taken a rain check many times. The last time I took a rain check was_____________________
________________________________________________.
b.- I have hit the books... __________________________________________________________
________________________________________________.
New Words and Expressions
New Words and Expressions
1.-
2.-
3.-
4.-
5.-
6.-
7.-
8.-
9.-
10.-

Your name:
Your grade/level:
Your school:
Date:

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario